XCode like ghost auto-completion text
Teodor Petrov
2014-06-30 23:54:05 UTC

A colleague of mine has showed me a video of XCode in action and the
feature I liked the
most is the ghost text displayed for the currently selected
auto-completion entry.
See the image at this link:
for an example. I'm talking about the 'release' and how XCode is drawing
the rest of it in grey.

Is this feature possible with Scintilla? If not would you mind if I add
it as feature request in sf.net?

Best regards,
Teodor
Neil Hodgson
2014-07-01 01:38:55 UTC
A colleague of mine has showed me a video of XCode in action and the feature I liked the
most is the ghost text displayed for the currently selected auto-completion entry.
See the image at this link: http://www.macdevcenter.com/2003/10/24/graphics/XcodeCodeCompletion.jpg
for an example. I'm talking about the 'release' and how XCode is drawing the rest of it in grey.
It would be difficult but not impossible to achieve this in current Scintilla, as the text would have to be inserted into the document, styled explicitly by the application, and finalised or removed as wanted by the application. There is a related request for "virtual text" at
http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/feature-requests/969/

Neil
Teodor Petrov
2014-07-01 07:42:04 UTC
Post by Neil Hodgson
It would be difficult but not impossible to achieve this in current Scintilla, as the text would have to be inserted into the document, styled explicitly by the application, and finalised or removed as wanted by the application. There is a related request for "virtual text" at
http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/feature-requests/969/
Yes, this looks like the feature that is needed. :)
Do you have it scheduled on your to-do?
Do you have a prototype that can be tested?

/Teodor
Neil Hodgson
2014-07-01 09:00:59 UTC
Post by Teodor Petrov
Do you have it scheduled on your to-do?
No. I only schedule short term things like the upcoming release and items I'm currently working on.
Post by Teodor Petrov
Do you have a prototype that can be tested?
No.

Neil