text overlap when using the Qt wrapper for Scintilla
Mueller, Joe
2014-07-18 23:35:43 UTC
I'm experiencing a problem using the Qt wrapper that comes in the version 3.3.0 release of Scintilla. When I display the text edit widget in my Qt application without syntax highlighting (I haven't set the lexer language), everything displays fine. If I then set the language (in this case VHDL), the text overlaps itself. I'm using Courier fonts (which I believe should be monospaced). Below is an example of what I'm talking about. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

[cid:***@01CFA2A3.5C372300]
Neil Hodgson
2014-07-19 00:09:04 UTC
Post by Mueller, Joe
I'm experiencing a problem using the Qt wrapper that comes in the version 3.3.0 release of Scintilla. When I display the text edit widget in my Qt application without syntax highlighting (I haven't set the lexer language), everything displays fine. If I then set the language (in this case VHDL), the text overlaps itself. I'm using Courier fonts (which I believe should be monospaced).
That looks very strange. The most similar thing I have seen is when on Linux, changing some font settings in system preferences while Scintilla was running and the text changed shapes and lengths but Scintilla didn't know that it had to relayout the display.

The displayed font certainly isn't Courier. Possibly the text has been laid out for Courier and another font, possibly Arial was then displayed. It could be a resource issue - if Scintilla is unable to allocate a font, the platform may be substituting its backup default font.

Something to try is to reorder the calls: set the lexer earlier, before adding the text.

Neil