SCI_CREATEDOCUMENT and document style
Charly Dante
2014-07-19 13:03:03 UTC
Hi there,

I use SCI_CREATEDOCUMENT and SCI_SETDOCPOINTER to work with differenct
documents in my Project. It works fine in principle, however each time I
create a new document this way, all styling options (colors etc) are gone.

Is there an easy way to get the whole configuration of the current document
and set the new documents config to this one so that styling doesn't change
for a new document?

Best Regards,
CD
Neil Hodgson
2014-07-19 23:10:29 UTC
I use SCI_CREATEDOCUMENT and SCI_SETDOCPOINTER to work with differenct documents in my Project. It works fine in principle, however each time I create a new document this way, all styling options (colors etc) are gone.
Styling options are set on the view (Editor) object. Calling SCI_CREATEDOCUMENT should not change styling options. Calling SCI_SETDOCPOINTER should retain styling options that are compatible with this document.
Is there an easy way to get the whole configuration of the current document and set the new documents config to this one so that styling doesn't change for a new document?
The current document does not have a styling configuration as that is stored on the view. Your application should have code that set up the styling options and you should re-run this whenever you change documents to ensure that the correct styles are set for that document.

Neil